Serving The Residents of Wyoming

Water Level

    The Water Level as of

    March 1, 2014 was 4610.71 ft. elevation

    To View Full Report:

    March 1, 2014

Interesting Facts

  • The Maximum Depth of Lake DeSmet is 120 feet.
  • The Intake Tunnel is 8.5 feet in diameter and is 8,316 feet long.
  • The Earliest Priority for Storage of Water in Lake DeSmet dates back to 1906.
  • The Reservoir Capacity is 234,987 acre feet.

Home

ORGANIZATION

The Lake DeSmet Operating Department is a department of Johnson County Government and answers directly to the Johnson County Commissioners.  The ownership of Lake DeSmet Reservoir was transferred to Johnson County in November 2012.  Johnson County is responsible for 68.27% of the annual operation and maintenance costs associated with the Lake DeSmet Reservoir.  Sasol Synfuels International Pty Ltd, owner of M&M Ranch, is responsible for the remaining 31.73%.  The Lake DeSmet Operating Department and Sasol work cooperatively to develop sustainable operation and maintenance plans for Lake DeSmet.  The Lake DeSmet Operating Department’s purpose is the proper management and maintenance of the Lake DeSmet Reservoir and it’s related assets.  Lake DeSmet Reservoir will be managed as a multiple use resource focusing on domestic, municipal, agricultural, industrial and recreational use while adhering to statutory and Board of Control requirements for safe dam operation. 

                                                                                   Lake DeSmet

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM OF WATER RIGHTS PERTAINING TO LAKE DeSMET RESERVOIR

Please click on the link below to see the diagram:

Schematic Diagram of Water Rights Pertaining to Lake DeSmet Reservoir